First Aid Plan and First Aid Emergency Response
The school/school board’s First Aid Plan and First Aid Emergency Response must be followed when on school site. When offsite, facilities with a higher standard for first aid emergency response, must be followed.
First Aid Information
- The first aid requirements are indicated on the activity pages in the First Aid section.
- For interschool sports coaches/designates first aid responsibilities consult Coaches Responsibilities.
- Universal precautions (for example, using impermeable gloves) must be followed when dealing with situations involving blood and other bodily fluids.
- Here are samples of first aid kit content:
- Sample First Aid Kit Content (The first aid kit must be included in a first aid station accessible to the gymnasium.)
- Sample Portable Off-Site First Aid Kit Content
- Sample Outdoor Education First Aid Kit Content
For in-school first aid kit content, consult your school board policy.