School Response to a Fainting Episode
- Call 911 immediately. it is important to provide emergency medical services (EMS) with information of what led up to the individual fainting.
- Contact parents/guardians as soon as reasonably possible.
- Provide parents/guardians with:
- Information on Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome (consult the Sample Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome Parent/Guardian Letter).
- Documentation of a Fainting Episode Form - to be returned to the school principal/designate (consult the Sample Fainting Episode Form).