Sample Principal Checklist – Principal/Designate Responsibilities
Follow school board procedures and/or develop school procedures for the following:
In addition to written or oral communication, the doors must be locked or signage on the gymnasium doors must be in place indicating that students must not use the gymnasium unless supervised.
Outdoor Education Activities (For Example, Canoeing)
Outside Activity Provider
- Informing the occasional teacher of the physical activity lesson;
- Providing the pertinent Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education pages;
- Identifying students with medical conditions (their Plan of Care), physical activity limitations, and those that require ready access to medications (for example, asthma inhalers);
- The school’s first aid emergency response for injuries/illnesses; and
- The school’s protocol for the supervision of change rooms.
Consult the Qualifications section of the specific activity page for the required qualifications/certifications.