Requirements of the Outside Providers
The Outside Activity Provider must adhere to the school board/school protocols. For example:
- The activity provider must provide proof of recent criminal reference check.
- The activity provider must provide evidence of knowledge, expertise, certification (where applicable) of the activity to be provided.
- The activity provider must agree to abide by the requirements of the Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education outlined on the relevant activity page(s). In a situation where the activity provider enforces a higher standard, this standard applies.
- The activity provider must guarantee that they can accommodate students, listed, with special needs and medical conditions.
- The risks associated with the activity must be outlined to the students along with procedures to follow to minimize the risks at activity site.