Requirements of the Educators
- Seek and receive principal approval via school board field trip procedure form.
- Check that the activity provider meets board requirement for third party liability insurance.
- The activity provider must be given a copy of the relevant Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education activity page(s).
- Check that activity provider can accommodate identified students with special needs and students with medical conditions.
- Prior to the activity, the following must be communicated to parents/guardians in writing: details of the activity, risks associated with activity, location, means of transportation used, and student expectations (precautions students are supposed to take related to environmental factors, if applicable). A consent form must be received giving the student permission to participate.
- The risks associated with the activity must be outlined to the students along with procedures to follow to minimize risks.
- The teachers must be present, through the entirety of the activity, to supervise the participants and activity.