Secondary - Interschool 2022
- Poles must be safely stored when not in use.
- Nets must have no frayed wires.
- Protective padding must be placed around the poles (including cranks and supports, extending from the floor up to the bottom of the net) as well as referee stand and, where appropriate, scorer’s table.
- Antennae must be flush with the bottom of the net.
- When volleyball poles are removed, floor plugs must be replaced.
- During the warm-up:
- Students are not permitted to cross under the net into the receiving court after completing their attack;
- Students must remain on their side of the net immediately following an attack and only move to the opposite side of the net from outside the court (if necessary);
- Retrieved balls must be returned along the sidelines of the court at a safe distance from the net and not through the receiving court, under the net; and
- Students are not permitted on the receiving side of the court during a hitting warm up. They must remain outside the limits of the court.
- Drills must be organized so as to minimize the risk of being hit with an errant ball.
- Students must be instructed in the safe and correct method of setting up, adjusting and taking down nets (for example, standing on a chair).
- When facilities do not allow for safe play, (for example, poles on sidelines, lines adjacent to walls) modify rules appropriately.
- On-site supervision during initial instruction of skills.
- In-the-area supervision after skills have been taught.
- On-site supervision during equipment set up and take down.
Mon, 09/13/21 07:35 am