Secondary - Interschool 2019
- Consult Risk Management.
- This activity page must be presented to the activity provider prior to the activity taking place. The activity provider must meet the minimum requirements listed on this page. For more information on planning trips using outside providers, consult Outside Activity Providers.
- Poles must be safely stored when not in use.
- Nets must have no frayed wires.
- Protective padding must be placed around the poles (including cranks and supports, extending from the floor up to the bottom of the net) as well as referee stand and, where appropriate, scorer’s table.
- Antennae must be flush with the bottom of the net.
- When volleyball poles are removed, floor plugs must be replaced.
- Drills must be organized so as to minimize the risk of being hit with an errant ball.
- Students must be instructed in the safe and correct method of setting up, adjusting and taking down nets (for example, standing on a chair).
- When facilities do not allow for safe play, (for example, poles on sidelines, lines adjacent to walls) modify rules appropriately.
- On-site supervision during initial instruction of skills.
- In-the-area supervision after skills have been taught.
- On-site supervision during equipment set up and take down.
Thu, 08/15/19 08:17 am