Track and Field (Hurdles)
Secondary - Interschool 2023
- Check for safety of hurdles (for example, stable, no splinters, cracks or other hazards).
- Check safety of starting blocks if they are used.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn. Track spikes as allowed by competition facility or the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) rules. No bare feet or socks without shoes permitted.
- All tracks must be inspected annually and maintained as necessary.
- Indoor surface and surrounding area must be free of all obstacles (for example, tables, chairs), and must provide safe footing and traction.
- Activity in appropriate area, which provides a clear, flat surface.
- Run-out areas must be in place.
- No student may participate in a competition without prior skill development and practice.
- Instruct students how to set up hurdles properly, so that knocked hurdles will not resist hurdler’s fall.
- Determine that hurdles are set at the correct height and with the correct spacing.
- Constant visual supervision is required for initial skill instruction.
- Following initial skill instruction on-site supervision is appropriate.
Fri, 08/25/23 09:51 am