Secondary - Interschool 2019
- Consult Risk Management.
- This activity page must be presented to the activity provider prior to the activity taking place. The activity provider must meet the minimum requirements listed on this page. For more information on planning trips using outside providers, consult Outside Activity Providers.
- Shin pads must be worn.
- Size and weight of soccer ball must be appropriate to the age and skill level of participants.
- Outdoor soccer balls must not be used indoors in gymnasium settings for games or shooting on goalie, but may be used for indoor drills.
- Sponge, futsal or indoor soccer balls are to be used for indoor (gymnasium) school soccer games.
- Outdoor soccer balls can be used in covered/domed complexes.
- Consult your school board/sport governing body in regard to appropriate footwear.
- No metal cleats permitted.
- Indoor playing surface and surrounding area must be free of all obstacles (e.g., tables, chairs), and must provide safe footing and traction.
- Outdoor playing area must be free from debris and obstructions and be well-removed from traffic areas.
- An exposed orthopaedic apparatus that represents a safety concern to other players must be soft or padded. Such devices must be approved by the referee prior to the commencement of the game.
- Any player with a playing cast must provide a doctor’s note or parent/guardian signed permission indicating it is safe for him/her to play.
- Limit time spent on heading drills.
- No tackling from behind.
- On-site supervision is required.
- Constant visual supervision is required while moving portable goals.
Thu, 08/22/19 04:11 pm