Secondary - Interschool 2020
- Shin pads must be worn.
- Size and weight of soccer ball must be appropriate to the age and skill level of participants.
- Outdoor soccer balls must not be used indoors in gymnasium settings for games or shooting on goalie, but may be used for indoor drills.
- Sponge, futsal or indoor soccer balls are to be used for indoor (gymnasium) school soccer games.
- Outdoor soccer balls can be used in covered/domed complexes.
- Consult your school board/sport governing body in regard to appropriate footwear.
- No metal cleats permitted.
- Indoor playing surface and surrounding area must be free of all obstacles (e.g., tables, chairs), and must provide safe footing and traction.
- Outdoor playing area must be free from debris and obstructions and be well-removed from traffic areas.
- An exposed orthopaedic apparatus that represents a safety concern to other players must be soft or padded. Such devices must be approved by the referee prior to the commencement of the game.
- Any player with a playing cast must provide a doctor’s note or parent/guardian signed permission indicating it is safe for him/her to play.
- Limit time spent on heading drills.
- No tackling from behind.
- On-site supervision is required.
- Constant visual supervision is required while moving portable goals.
Mon, 08/31/20 05:56 pm