Track and Field (Turbo Javelin/Turbojav)
Elementary - Interschool 2019
- Grade 4 to 8 only.
- Consult Risk Management.
- This activity page must be presented to the activity provider prior to the activity taking place. The activity provider must meet the minimum requirements listed on this page. For more information on planning trips using outside providers, consult Outside Activity Providers.
- Regulation javelins must not be used.
- Maximum javelin weight for junior students is 300g and intermediate students is 400g.
- Only turbo javelins/turbojavs purchased from a recognized sport equipment supplier can be used. No homemade equipment.
- Ensure equipment joints and noses are tight before throwing.
- Students may wear 5mm spikes. No track shoes with spikes removed permitted. Moulded cleats only. No metal or compound cleats permitted.
- The run up area must provide safe footing and traction.
- The throwing area must be free of obstacles and completely closed to traffic (no other activity can be located in the area where turbo javelin is taking place).
- The landing area must be well marked and void of people during the activity.
- Instruction in safety must be given prior to practice.
- No student may participate in a competition without prior skill development and practice.
- The importance of throwing techniques must be emphasized.
- Students who are wearing track spikes must be given instruction and practice on safe use.
- Constant visual supervision is required.
Thu, 08/08/19 09:07 am