Track and Field (Turbo Javelin/Turbojav)
Elementary - Interschool 2023
- Grade 4 to 8 only.
- Regulation javelins must not be used.
- Maximum javelin weight for junior students is 300g and intermediate students is 400g.
- Only turbo javelins/turbojavs purchased from a recognized sport equipment supplier can be used. No homemade equipment.
- Ensure equipment joints and noses are tight before throwing.
- Students may wear 5mm spikes. No track shoes with spikes removed permitted. Moulded cleats only. No metal or compound cleats permitted.
- The run up area must provide safe footing and traction.
- The throwing area must be free of obstacles and completely closed to traffic (no other activity can be located in the area where turbo javelin is taking place).
- The landing area must be well marked and void of people during the activity.
- Instruction in safety must be given prior to practice.
- No student may participate in a competition without prior skill development and practice.
- The importance of throwing techniques must be emphasized.
- Students who are wearing track spikes must be given instruction and practice on safe use.
- Constant visual supervision is required.
Fri, 08/25/23 09:50 am