The following must be taken into consideration by the teacher/coach/intramural supervisor:
- The activity is age-appropriate for the students’ abilities.
- The teacher/coach/intramural supervisor has the knowledge/experience and certifications (where applicable) in accordance with the safety standards to teach, coach and/or supervise the activity safely.
Parents/guardians need to be made aware of curricular/interschool/intramural activities in which their child is to participate/try-out and the risks inherent in the activities. Parental/guardian permission must be received from each interschool/intramural participant. For a sample letter and form, consult:
- Sample Curricular Parent/Guardian Letter and Sample Curricular Medical Information and Acknowledgement of Elements of Risk Form
- Sample Interschool Parent/Guardian Letter and Sample Interschool Medical Information and Consent to Participate Form
- Sample Intramural Parent/Guardian Letter and Sample Intramural Medical Information and Consent to Participate Form