- When transporting with hands and arms, the weight of the object/person needs to be centrally distributed and in front of the carrier.
- When transporting someone on your back, refer to the proper lifting techniques.
- Knees must never be in the locked position.
- People must not carry students by the neck.
- The person being transported must not hold onto the neck (for example, piggyback with legs wrapped around the transporter’s back).
- Transporting students with the use of shoulders only is not permitted (with the exception of a pool).
- Transporting a person in the inverted position is not permitted. An exception is a wheelbarrow race. In wheelbarrow type activities, the person being supported is held by the thighs and must initiate all forward motion.