Also, consult the appropriate elementary intramural safety standards activity page and/or the appropriate secondary intramural safety standards activity page.
- The Intramural Safety Standards do not allow contact. In the Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education, contact is defined as intentional physical contact with the purpose of gaining an advantage in the specific activity (for example, body contact, stick-on-body, stick-on-stick).
- For spotting, lifting, lowering, transporting, and supporting techniques, consult the Lifting, Spotting, Supporting, and Transporting Techniques section.
- If students are using body paint, allergy and floor traction concerns must be addressed.
- Intramural activity officials must be trained to carry out their duties.
- Intramural supervisors must limit the number of active participants in any activity area at one time, based on the size of the area, risk level of the activity and maturity level of the participants.
- Spectators at intramural activities must not present a safety concern.