Sample Volunteer Coaching Application Form
The Volunteer Coaching Application Form can be used when interviewing a potential coach in any one of the following situations:
- The applicant is not an administrator or someone with teaching certification.
- The person’s philosophy and/or expertise is unknown.
- The position to be filled is one of head coach or the person would be asked to coach by himself/herself.
- The person would be coaching a higher-risk sport.
- The principal or designate decides to formally interview for other reasons.
- Please record pertinent information on this form and keep on file. Interviewers are encouraged to include additional questions which would be relevant to their schools.
Please list two references associated with previous coaching experience. References listed on this form will be contacted for information with respect to your suitability as a volunteer coach for [insert school board] student athletes.
This information is collected pursuant to the (Name of School Board’s) role as employer as set out in the Education Act. The information is collected for employment and human resource-planning purposes and is within the guidelines set out in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 1989.
Office Use Only
Criminal record check received:
Orientation session completed: