Elementary - Curricular 2021
- Poles must be safely stored when not in use.
- Nets must have no frayed wires.
- Ball must be appropriate for age and ability of students.
- For portable systems with guide ropes, clearly identify ropes with markers (for example, tape, pylons).
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn. No bare feet on sand courts unless they have been raked and inspected prior to use.
- No exposed jewellery is permitted.
- Beach or grass volleyball courts must provide safe footing and traction.
- Beach volleyball courts must have sufficient depth of sand so that there are no bare or hard dirt surfaces.
- Playing surface and surrounding areas must be free of obstacles.
- No timber borders.
- Drills must be organized so as to minimize the risk of being hit with an errant ball.
- Students must be instructed in the safe and correct method of setting up and taking down of nets.
- If using an antenna, the bottom must be flush with the net.
- When poles are not padded, activities must be modified so that poles do not present a safety hazard.
- Students must be made aware of boundary ropes if used.
- On-site supervision is required.
- Constant visual supervision if students are setting up or putting away net poles.
Mon, 09/13/21 07:27 am