Elementary - Curricular 2019
- Consult Risk Management.
- This activity page must be presented to the activity provider prior to the activity taking place. The activity provider must meet the minimum requirements listed on this page. For more information on planning trips using outside providers, consult Outside Activity Providers.
- Poles must be safely stored when not in use.
- Nets must have no frayed wires.
- Ball must be appropriate for age and ability of students.
- For portable systems with guide ropes, clearly identify ropes with markers (for example, tape, pylons).
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn. No bare feet on sand courts unless they have been raked and inspected prior to use.
- No exposed jewellery is permitted.
- Beach or grass volleyball courts must provide safe footing and traction.
- Beach volleyball courts must have sufficient depth of sand so that there are no bare or hard dirt surfaces.
- Playing surface and surrounding areas must be free of obstacles.
- No timber borders.
- Drills must be organized so as to minimize the risk of being hit with an errant ball.
- Students must be instructed in the safe and correct method of setting up and taking down of nets.
- If using an antenna, the bottom must be flush with the net.
- When poles are not padded, activities must be modified so that poles do not present a safety hazard.
- Students must be made aware of boundary ropes if used.
- On-site supervision is required.
- Constant visual supervision if students are setting up or putting away net poles.
Tue, 08/20/19 02:50 pm