Including Newcombe Ball
Elementary - Curricular 2021
- Poles must be safely stored when not in use.
- Nets must have no frayed wires.
- Ball must be appropriate for age and ability of students.
- No exposed jewellery is permitted.
- When volleyball poles are removed, floor plugs must be replaced.
- Drills must be organized so as to minimize the risk of being hit with an errant ball.
- Diving must not be included as part of an in-class program.
- Students must be instructed in the safe and correct method of setting up and taking down of nets.
- Do not allow students to climb up the pole to attach net.
- If using antennae, the bottom must be flush with the net.
- When poles are not padded, activities must be modified so that poles don’t present a safety hazard.
- When facility does not allow for safe play, (for example, poles on sidelines adjacent to walls), modify rules appropriately.
- On-site supervision is required.
- Constant visual supervision if students are setting up or putting away nets and poles.
Mon, 09/13/21 07:29 am