Elementary - Curricular 2021
- Only non-contact lacrosse is to be played.
- Sticks and balls for Lacrosse (Field):
- wooden or metal sticks with moulded heads
- pockets with mesh, lace or leather
- must conform to Canadian Lacrosse Association (CLA) standards.
- Check wooden sticks for cracks and splinters.
- Men’s Field Lacrosse and Women’s Lacrosse (Field):
- no aggressive checking with either the stick or the body is allowed
- no protective equipment worn by players
- full protective equipment worn by goalie
- Goalie equipment – Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse (Field):
- a properly fitted (as per manufacturer’s guidelines) and properly worn CSA approved hockey helmet with full cage or a properly fitted (as per manufacturer’s guidelines) and properly worn lacrosse helmet certified by a recognized safety standards association
- throat protector
- chest and arm protector
- goalie gloves
- goalie pants
- athletic cup or jill strap
- leg pants
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn (for example, basketball or court shoes). Metal cleats are not permitted.
- No exposed jewellery is permitted.
- Perimeter of the field must be marked.
- Communicate to students the importance of being aware of the location of other students around them in order to practice the skills of throwing and catching and avoid being hit during the practice of skills.
- Stress student responsibility regarding individual space.
- A safety zone must be established away from the gym walls or playground fence to prevent contact.
- Penalties for rule infractions must be strictly enforced.
- Constant visual supervision during initial practice of skills.
- On-site supervision is required thereafter.
Mon, 09/13/21 07:30 am