Elementary - Curricular 2021
- Also consult Hockey (Floor).
- Only use regulation plastic ball hockey, cosom hockey sticks or a wooden/composite shaft with a full blade or plastic blade. Check shaft and blade for cracks or splinters.
- Stick blades must be checked regularly to determine the blade is securely and safety attached to the stick.
- The stick length must be appropriate for the height of the student.
- Goalies must wear a protective mask (for example, properly fitted (as per manufacturer's guidelines) and a properly worn hockey helmet with cage or softball mask).
- Goalies must wear gloves appropriate to activity (for example, ball glove).
- Use “soft” ball, (for example, P30, P40, foam ball, yarn ball, plastic or soft rubber puck).
- Exposed jewellery is not permitted.
- Floor plugs must be in place.
- The following rules must be in place:
- No body contact
- No stick-on-body contact or stick on-stick contact
- No slapshots
- Implement a crease for protection of the goalie and no other player, or player’s stick is allowed in the crease.
- Stick must remain below waist at all times.
- Penalties for stick infractions strictly enforced.
- Only active players on the floor can have a stick.
- Goalies must remain in crease area during play.
- On-site supervision is required.
Mon, 09/13/21 07:31 am