Elementary - Curricular 2019
- Consult Risk Management.
- This activity page must be presented to the activity provider prior to the activity taking place. The activity provider must meet the minimum requirements listed on this page. For more information on planning trips using outside providers, consult Outside Activity Providers.
- Also consult Hockey (Floor).
- Only use regulation plastic ball hockey, cosom hockey sticks or a wooden/composite shaft with a full blade or plastic blade. Check shaft and blade for cracks or splinters.
- Stick blades must be checked regularly to determine the blade is securely and safety attached to the stick.
- The stick length must be appropriate for the height of the student.
- Goalies must wear a protective mask (for example, properly fitted (as per manufacturer's guidelines) and a properly worn hockey helmet with cage or softball mask).
- Goalies must wear gloves appropriate to activity (for example, ball glove).
- Use “soft” ball, (for example, P30, P40, foam ball, yarn ball, plastic or soft rubber puck).
- Exposed jewellery is not permitted.
- Floor plugs must be in place.
- The following rules must be in place:
- No body contact
- No stick-on-body contact or stick on-stick contact
- No slapshots
- Implement a crease for protection of the goalie and no other player, or player’s stick is allowed in the crease.
- Stick must remain below waist at all times.
- Penalties for stick infractions strictly enforced.
- Only active players on the floor can have a stick.
- Goalies must remain in crease area during play.
- On-site supervision is required.
Wed, 08/07/19 03:31 pm