Elementary - Curricular 2020
- Use soft objects (for example, foam balls, sponges, beach balls, elephant- skin balls, utility balls).
- No under inflated balls (for example, volleyballs).
- No beanbags or hard flying discs (for example, frisbees).
- No jewellery is permitted.
- There must be adequate space for all participants.
- All the doors in and out of the playing area must be closed.
- Communicate to the students the boundary lines for the activity.
- Immovable hazards (for example, goalposts) must be identified to the students and marked with pylons.
- Goalposts must be padded if in field of play. Padding must be 1.8 m (6') high.
- Students who are targets must be on their feet. Jumping to avoid a thrown ball and landing on their feet is permissible.
- Contact with the ball must be below the target's waist.
- Safe zones must be clearly delineated at a safe distance from walls, stages, obstacles.
- Constant visual supervision is required for dodgeball games.
Mon, 07/05/21 01:17 pm