Secondary - Curricular 2023
- Mask, vest, gloves, foil, and epee with rubber tips or functioning electric tips, and saber with a curved tip. If any anomalies are spotted, a change of equipment is required.
- A safety inspection must be carried out at home of any equipment brought to school for personal use in class to ensure it is in good working order and is suitable for personal use.
- All equipment from home must be transported safely in a case.
- Students must wear a fencing jacket and long pants. In the absence of a long sleeve fencing jacket, a long-sleeve shirt or sweatshirt must be worn.
- Students must fence only under the direct supervision of the instructor.
- Students must be instructed in all safety rules associated with the sport.
- All equipment must be worn before taking a sword (foil, saber, or epee). When taking a sword, the student must take it by the tip with their thumb on it. Once everyone around is fully equipped and ready to fence, the instructor can give the go signal.
- Constant visual supervision is required when fencing.
Fri, 01/26/24 10:37 am