Stick without a blade
Elementary - Curricular 2021
- Also consult Hockey (Ball/Cosom).
- A “felt” or rubber ring to be used.
- Only use:
- regulation ringette sticks, and/or
- commercially produced floor hockey (bladeless) sticks, and/or
- wooden hockey stick shafts or broom type handle with protective covering on the ends, for example, piece of sponge or carpet securely taped on.
- Sticks must be checked regularly for cracks and splinters.
- Stick length must be appropriate to the height of the student.
- Goalies must wear protective mask (for example, properly fitted (as per manufacturer's guidelines) and properly worn hockey helmet with cage, softball mask).
- Goalies wear gloves appropriate to activity (for example, ball glove).
- No rings and watches permitted. No exposed jewellery permitted.
- Floor plugs must be in place.
- The following rules must be in place:
- no body contact
- no stick on body contact or stick on stick contact
- stick must remain below waist at all times
- no slap shots
- implement a crease for protection of the goalie and no other player or player’s stick is allowed in the crease. Goalies must remain in crease area during play.
- Only active participants on the floor can have a stick.
- Sticks must be in contact with the floor at all times except on a shot or a pass when the stick may not go beyond waist level. Sticks must remain below waist at all times. Penalties for stick infractions strictly enforced.
- On-site supervision is required.
Mon, 09/13/21 07:27 am